In this intensive form of therapy, the patient lives in transitional housing or at home while attending classes, counseling sessions and appointments with medical professionals during the Alcoholism Treatment Program day. On average, a partial hospitalization alcohol rehab program will last around 2 weeks. Inpatient vs. outpatientis an important consideration to make when choosing a treatment program.
- Gabapentin, a medication used to treat pain conditions and epilepsy, was shown to increase abstinence and reduce heavy drinking.
- This may include medical or psychological care or attending a support group.
- Gender-specific treatment is specifically designed to address these challenges.
- Men battle addiction for reasons that are different than those of women.
You need to address your mental imbalances if you expect to maintain your sobriety after treatment. Thus, dual diagnosis can treat your addiction and mental illness together helping you learn to safely manage both conditions. Every alcohol addiction treatment center is different, but the best ones have some things in common. For starters, any rehab worth considering should be able to help you with detox. If rehab doesn’t offer on-site detox, it should be able to provide you with detox referrals, at least.
Request a Free Alcohol Addiction Consultation
Evidence-based practices tailored for ages 13-17, with separate groups for girls and boys. A key component is pro-social recreational activities in our large community center. Residential treatment for those who have gone through detox and need basic education and counseling to help change attitudes and behavior.
- Find information on locating practitioners and treatment programs authorized to treat opioids, such as heroin or prescription pain relievers.
- ” This new name will give us national uniformity and help brand ourselves as a whole, which will be done in phases.
- One of the benefits of inpatient treatment is medical management of the physical aspects of addiction.
- We offer a broad range of mental health and wellness tools1 that can help members struggling with SUD.
- Your care team might prescribe these tools as part of your treatment — but adult members can also access them anytime, and at no cost.
There’s no pressure to appear strong or tough in our men’s treatment center. Each person is going through the same challenges, and, as a result, you can rely on them, and they can count on you. Inpatient treatment is a good choice for anyone who wants to focus completely on recovery without the stress or distractions of work, school, or social obligations. It allows for a thorough immersion in the recovery process and may be a good choice for people who have tried other treatments unsuccessfully. Inpatient treatment for alcohol rehabilitation may last anywhere from 30 days to six months or longer — recovery times depend on the needs of the individual. The Daily Intensive Outpatient Program is focused on relapse prevention, re-integration into family and work environments and maintenance of sobriety.
Early Serious Mental Illness Treatment Locator
Are you seeking alcoholism treatment for yourself or a loved one struggling with alcoholism? Do you have a spouse, child, relative or friend who you suspect struggles withalcohol abuse? Alcohol rehab can help people ready to address their substance use disorder. When you stop using alcohol altogether, you may experience withdrawal symptoms. The detoxification stage is the first step in the recovery process. The most severe withdrawal symptoms generally surface within the first 24 to 48 hours after your last drink.